Denver Water enforces the following watering rules*:
- Water during cooler times of the day — lawn watering is NOT allowed between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Water no more than three days per week.
- Do not allow water to pool in gutters, streets and alleys.
- Do not waste water by letting it spray on concrete and asphalt.
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
- Do not irrigate while it is raining or during high winds.
- Use a hose nozzle with a shut-off valve when washing your car.
If you see water waste do one of the following:
- If you see water waste in Denver parks (water use that doesn’t meet the rules above), call 3-1-1 to report the waste.
- To report water waste anywhere else, call Denver Water at 303-893-2444 or
Note: Our Water Savers, who enforce watering rules, will visit the property where you observed a violation and make an effort to talk with the property owner. If we are not able to reach the property owner and no violation is observed then we log the visit. Should repeated observed violations occur, property owners can be subject to fines. Please understand that it can take several days to make a full investigation. See the map for our water use enforcement regions.