As soon as possible after the incident, call Denver Water at 303-628-6333 to report the incident.
Write a letter containing the following information to the extent it is applicable and available:
- The name, address, phone number and email address of the person making the claim and the name and address of that person’s attorney, if any.
- A concise statement of the relevant facts, including the date, time, place and circumstances of the incident which is the basis of the claim.
- Names and contact information of any witnesses.
- A concise statement of the nature and extent of damages claimed to have been suffered.
- A statement of the amount of compensation being requested.
- Copies of bills establishing costs incurred and/or estimates relating to the damages claimed to have been sustained as a result of the incident.
- Any photographs of the property before and/or after the incident, as well as any other documents and information that may be relevant to the claim.
Mail the letter to:
Attention: Manager of Safety and Security
1600 W. 12th Avenue
Denver, CO 80204
And/or email the letter to email@example.com.
Denver Water will investigate the incident and will contact you regarding the specifics of your claim.
THE STEPS OUTLINED ABOVE DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR FILING A FORMAL NOTICE OF CLAIM PURSUANT TO SECTION 24-10-109 OF THE COLORADO REVISED STATUTES.
SHOULD YOU WISH TO FILE A FORMAL NOTICE OF CLAIM, IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW AND COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE SECTION(S) OF THE COLORADO REVISED STATUTES.